Wednesday, March 11, 2009

MARCH :||: Artist Studios on Parade!!

For the month of March we are taking a look at different artists' studios.


Checking through all the studios of different artists (working artists and creative hobbyists) who create different sizes of art with different types of media can be a great resource for those of you who are working on getting your own studio set up. Or, of course, it can just be for interest sake, to see what the different work spaces of different artists look like... who could resist checking out the places where the magic happens??


So, check out this post and others, through the month of March to see all the different studios! You can also click on the "studio" tag on the right to have all the posts about artist studios come up for you.


-----------


Real Name: Dina Haskins
Online Alias: dina54
Location: Rhode Island, USA
Website: http://www.dina54.blogspot.com/
Online Art Gallery: www.picturetrail/dina54

Are you a Fulltime/Parttime Working Artist? partime - sort of

How long have you been an artist? forever

What types of Media do you work with?
colored pencil mostly for small scale stuff but I also do collage/mixed media and altered art (books mostly)

What scale do you work at?
ATCs to room sized murals and everything in between. My collages run from about 8 X10" to 2 X3 ft. Some of my altered artwork is rather large. Just finished a 3 foot long folk-art wooden fish.





Tell us a little bit about your studio...
It's a TINY (5 ft wide x 12ft long) sliver of space left over after a recent renovation that my husband finished for me. Very bright and cheery! Some day we hope to add another 3 ft to the back of the house which would make it a real room-size!

How much time do you spend working in your studio?
Way too much.

Is your studio at your home or elsewhere?
Home sweet home.


-----------


Real Name: Sal Scheibe
Website: http://www.slscheibe.com/

Are you a Fulltime/Parttime Working Artist?
Full-time graphic design and illustration

How long have you been an artist?
As long as I've been drawing!

What types of Media do you work with?
For work, I'm all digital. You can see my Wacom in the photo. For art other than the job, I love acrylics as well as colored pencils and markers the most.


What scale do you work at?
For work, all sizes digitally. For personal art, I make a lot of ATCs and canvas paintings as time permits.

Tell us a little bit about your studio...
It's more like an office than a studio since I spend most of my time working digitally. I just need room for my Wacom. It fits on my desk... barely. I usually make ATCs sitting at my desk and anything larger than that, I work on in the kitchen where there is a ton of natural light. It makes a mess of my kitchen table.

How much time do you spend working in your studio?
I'm always in here!

Is your studio at your home or elsewhere?
In my home.



-----------


Are you an artist with an online presence (website, shop, gallery) and have a studio space that you would like to share? Please fill out the following survery/interview and send it to: wolftlou(a)hotmail(dot)com along with 1-3 photos of your studio space before the end of March. Thanks!

Real Name:
Online Alias: if you have one
Location:
Website: if you have one
Artist Blog: if you have one

Online Store: if you have one
Online Art Gallery: if you have one
Are you a Fulltime/Parttime Working Artist? y/n
How long have you been an artist?
What types of Media do you work with?
What scale do you work at?
Tell us a little bit about your studio
How much time do you spend working in your studio?
Is your studio at your home or elsewhere?

-- don't forget to provide one to three photos of your studio --

2 comments:

sandy said...

I enjoyed reading this and seeing the photos..came here from Dina's blog.

ESK said...

I'm a photographer currently without a (light) studio (soon to come). Mainly my "studio" is the great outdoors, my equipment and my laptop.

A huge online gallery you should check out (whether you are an artist or looking for art) is Masterpiece Online. They just recently moved and renamed but they're the largest online gallery to date.

If you are an artist, this is a great way to display your art next to the greats.

http://www.masterpieceonline.com